Thursday, May 2, 2013

Sichuan Peppercorn Carnitas and Cheese Enchiladas

The carnitas here was an experiment. It is based on Homesick Texan's Houston style carnitas recipe however I used a lot more spices than she did. Specifically, the use of Sichuan peppercorns that gives it an interesting pungent scent.

In case you are curious, this dinner takes very little active time to put together because the style of carnitas I made is mostly done through boiling then braising. The sauce was part pre-made as I used roasted red salsa with chicken broth I had in fridge. Assembly was just grating cheese, chopping onion and filling the enchilada to finish in 450ยบ F oven for ten minutes. All because I have way too much work to do today and I'm still not done but having a proper meal is as or more important.

Just out of oven, sprinkled with more cheese and chopped red onion.
Filled, rolled and sauce, topped with cheese and ready for oven.
Sichuan peppercorn carnitas with red onion enchilada getting filled and rolled.




No comments:

Post a Comment